We use running to inspire and motivate girls, encourage lifelong health and fitness, and build confidence through accomplishment. Our curriculum is designed to combine training for a 5K run with lessons that inspire them to recognize and honor their individual strengths and talents and to celebrate their inner selves. For most girls, the culminating event of the non-competitive 5K is the biggest physical challenge they have accomplished and gives them a tangible sense if achievement.
We offer Girls on the Run and Girls on Track programs in five counties within greater Knoxville: Knox, Sevier, Loudon, Anderson, and Blount.
Spring 2014 Program Dates
- Spring registration opens January 20th and closes on February 28th. Register here!
- Programs start week of February 3rd.
- Spring 2014 5K will be held on April 19th.
- Season ends May 1st.
- Any family can apply for a scholarship online when you register.
- Scholarships are available on a sliding scale from $0-120.
- It is our mission to never turn a girl away!
General Registration Info
- Program fee: $120 (includes 5K registration)
- Program locations: With limited exceptions all sites are only open to students who currently attend that school. Community sites that are open to all are indicated accordingly on the program list and on Raceplanner registration.
- Programs are 10-weeks long, offered in the fall and spring, and meet twice a week for 90 minutes during the academic year.